Data Privacy Protection
Why is this data privacy statement important?
The MENTUPP Project takes your data protection rights seriously and has a legal obligation to assure the security of your data. This privacy statement tells you why we collect data when you visit this site, and how you can access and alter the personal information we hold.
Please note that this privacy statement only applies to the MENTUPP Hub, not to any other website mentioned or linked to from the MENTUPP Hub.
What does it relate to?
The MENTUPP Project is funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 848137. The MENTUPP Hub is developed as part of the MENTUPP Project.
This website is maintained by the European Alliance Against Depression e.V. (EAAD) on behalf of the MENTUPP Project. You can contact the EAAD as follows:
Telephone: +49 (0) 69 6301 863 44
European Alliance Against Depression e.V.
What data will be collected in the MENTUPP Hub?
To participate in MENTUPP, you must register on this web platform. In the registration process, you must provide the personal data presented in the following section.
Participation in MENTUPP is voluntary and requires your consent, according to GDPR (Art. 6 para. 1). The information regarding consent is described comprehensively in the MENTUPP consent process:
This includes, among other things, that your data may be used in anonymous form for research purposes.
You may object to this consent at any time by sending an email to:
- email@example.com from Finland,
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com from Ireland and
- firstname.lastname@example.org from Australia.
In this case, you will be excluded from any future use of the MENTUPP Hub, as a separation of personal data for research and non-research purposes is not technically possible. Further it is not intended by the project sponsor and is a legitimate interest pursuant to GDPR (Art. 89).
To register as a user in the MENTUPP Hub, you will be asked to provide the following data:
- Email address or mobile phone number – this enables you to receive an activation link as part of the registration process.
- Username and password – these are used to regulate access to your account
- SME Code – this will be provided to you by your employer
- Whether you are an employee or in a supervisory/management position – this enables the Hub to recommend materials that align to your management responsibilities
- Four questions that generate your 9-digit Unique Identification Code:
- The first two letters of the official name of your mother
- The day of your birth
- The number of biological siblings that you have
- The first two letters of your city or town of birth
Why are we collecting this information?
The MENTUPP Project’s primary aim is to improve mental health in the workplace by developing, implementing and evaluating a multi-level intervention targeting mental health difficulties in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the construction, health and ICT sectors. The secondary aim is to reduce depression and suicidal behaviour.
The MENTUPP Project has developed a range of interventions, the use and impact of which will be evaluated for research purposes. The goal is for these interventions, if proven effective, to be broadly available in workplaces.
As part of the MENTUPP Project data will be collected within the MENTUPP Hub. The purpose of this is to evaluate how the interventions are being used and their impact.
This data will be anonymised, no personal data will be used for evaluation purposes or shared with a third party.
In addition to the registration data outlined above, data collected will include the following:
- Number of registered MENTTUP Hub users
- Regularity (date and time) of user log in to the MENTUPP Hub
- Total time a user spends on the MENTUPP Hub when logged in
- The pages on the MENTUPP Hub that a user visits/clicks on when logged in
For each of the above, data will be linked to your Unique Identification Code rather than your personal data held in the MENTUPP Hub that is collected for registration purposes.
What will be done with this information and is the data safe?
All data we collect are stored on a central secure server at the premises of an internet service provider in Germany. All reasonable physical and technical measures will be taken to ensure the security of the data at all points. All communication between your digital device and our server is encrypted.
The data will be analysed and evaluated for the purpose of research as part of the MENTUPP Project. For this purpose, data will be safely transferred between partner organisations and project partners engaged in evaluation tasks. All participating project partners are subject to data protection laws.
Data will not be shared with your employer.
Anonymised data may be used for (scientific) publications about the MENTUPP Project and/or in the process of disseminating information about the MENTUPP Project.
You can contribute to the safety of your data by protecting your password and not sharing it with others.
Who will have access to my data?
Data is only accessible to official research partners (organisations) of the MENTUPP Project.
The MENTUPP Project will never:
- Use or reveal your personal data without your explicit permission unless it is confronted with a legal obligation to do so
- Use your personal data to send you unrequested informational e-mails (spam)
- Provide or sell your personal data to any third party (e.g. for promotional purposes)
Do I have the right to access or erase this data?
Yes, you have the three rights accorded to you by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation:
- You have a right to review all data we have stored about you
- You have a right to correct any data we have stored about you that is incorrect
- You have a right to have all data we have stored about you deleted
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com with the email subject 'Data Request – MENTUPP Hub‘ and be prepared to give evidence of your identity, typically by writing from the email address you used to register.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of your data, you have a right to complain to the data protection agency in your country.
Embedded Content from other websites
YouTube content is only integrated in the "extended data protection mode". YouTube itself provides this mode and thus ensures that YouTube does not initially save any cookies on your device. However, when the relevant pages are called up, the IP address and other data (e.g. information about your device like operating system or browser) are transmitted and thus, in particular, information is provided as to which of our Internet pages you have visited. However, this information cannot be assigned to you unless you have logged in to YouTube or another Google service (e.g. Google+) before accessing the page or are permanently logged in.
As soon as you start the playback of an embedded video by clicking on it, YouTube only stores cookies on your device through the extended privacy mode, which do not contain any personally identifiable data, unless you are currently logged in to a Google service. These cookies can be prevented by appropriate browser settings and extensions.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
In the event that any changes are made to the data we collect and how we use that data, we will revise the MENTUPP Hub‘s Privacy Statement and inform users of the changed conditions.
Should you have further questions about this Data Privacy Statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.